Saturday, April 21, 2012

Things That Have Been Keeping Me Busy

I've been so busy lately - things just feel like they've been going nonstop and I'm not exactly sure why.  I don't *think* that my life has been any more busy than usual, and yet I can't get enough of a handle on things to find time to blog.  Plus, I've been very active on my Instagram feed and I feel like I'm keeping up with people that way even though it's not nearly as comprehensive as a proper blog post.

In the past month, I've...

...spent my time urban foraging for enough mulberries to make jam later in the season.  They are a bit of a pain to pick and are messy as anything, but so sweet and delicious that it's totally worth it.



...gone on a ladies weekend with some dear friends and found some quilty inspiration as I stared at the ceiling of the steam room for a [glorious] hour or so.  It's not easy to take a photo in a very dark and very steamy room, but this image is seared in my head and I hope to be able to translate it to fabric sooner rather than later.



...been working diligently to keep my dastardly neighborhood squirrels out of my garden.  I have new snap peas that are showing up and my blueberries are starting to ripen, but I am fighting a very uphill battle to keep my goodies out of the paws of the wildlife. 



...finished up a commissioned quilt.  I made a quilt very similar to this one a few years back and was asked if I could recreate it with brown centers for a soon-to-arrive little boy. I don't think I'll ever tire of HST quilts.



 ...participated in the LAMQG Earth Day market bag swap.  I made this Jane Market Bag (which is an awesome pattern and a very versatile finished product).  I used the new Lisette popsicle print, which I am totally smitten with.  I paired it with some pink handles and a brown selvage pocket.  It now lives with Missy - I hope she enjoys it!


I do hope to get a better handle on blogging, especially since I still have lots more percolating in my sewing room and because next week is the Kids Clothes Week Challenge over at Elsie Marley.  

1 comment:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Beautiful pictures. Your quilt is really cute, and love the market bag!