Today I finished up another dress for Sprout as part of Elsie Marley's Kid's Clothing Week Challenge. She's newly in love with her American Girl doll, who is called either Julia, Juliette, or Kazzi, depending on the day. I decided to make matching Popover Dresses for Sprout and her doll. The dresses are going to be a gift for Sprout's fourth birthday in July, so I don't have a photo of her modeling her new duds.
The bodice is made using some DS Quilts fabric and the contrast is a vine print that I ABSOLUTELY DIE FOR that I picked up at Superbuzzy earlier this month. It couldn't be a more perfect match. Sprout's dress features a bit of yellow ric-rac and her doll's dress is identical except white lace replaces the ric-rac.
I think between now and July, I'll add some Velcro to the doll's dress straps so that Sprout can dress the doll herself. Beyond that, it's a perfect pattern. As with all Oliver + S patterns, it's well written and the finished dress is simple and classic.