Saturday, February 4, 2012

Private Swap with Jacey - Part II

If you had been in my house at 11:25am yesterday (thankfully my kids were not), you would have heard me gasp and say, "Oh, Jacey - no fuckin' way."  Remember how I sent out a parcel to her last week?  This was the week that she sent one back to me.

She knit me an awesome hat to match the mitts she made for me last year and it is so perfect.  It is the perfect size for my [unnaturally long] head.  It's made with the same wool that she used for my mitts, which is maybe the most perfect color for my coloring.  This new hat is so fantastical, especially with cooler weather headed this way.  Oh, I love the pattern and am crazy thankful to have such a talented friend. 


But she didn't stop there.  She also made me a mug cozy, which I've been sorely needing, as I prefer to drink my coffee straight from a mason jar.  I never bought any Prince Charming fabric but do love it so.  Don't all of the prints look pretty together?  You'd think that would be more than a lovely parcel already, but then Jacey went a little bananas on me.  She sent me this awesome calendar panel.  Totally fun!


But then, this.   A FQ bundle of Innocent Crush Voile.  It is soft and beautiful and amazing.  And I just met Anna Maria Horner at the LAMQG meeting last night and I fell in love with her fabrics all over again.  I actually had the bolt of Maybe voile in my hands last night but after much deliberation, I walked away from it.  It is so serendipitous to have received these awesome fabrics today.  I am so. in. love.  They are amazing and I am already tossing plans for them around in my head. 


And as though none of this was enough already, she sent a hefty piles of selvages for me.  I am spoiled rotten - thank you so much, Jacey.  You're a great friend and I'm already looking forward to next year's swap.



3 comments:

Jacey said...

You are so welcome, my sweet friend. I'm glad you enjoyed the package! It was great fun assembling everything. You are awesome, Jules!

**nicke... said...

jacey is so awesome! what a fun package of goodies she sent your way! i just love that girl!

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a fun package!