Friday, January 27, 2012

Private Swap with Jacey

Jacey and I arranged a private swap last year and we both had such a good time with it that we decided to give it another go this year.


Jacey asked me for a little selvage goodness and I was happy to oblige.   I started with a mini quilt.  I'm a sucker for ROYGBIV and I've been lovin' on the Plus Quilts that are all over Flickr, so decided to combine the two.  I really love how it came out.  The pluses aren't all perfectly defined, but the flow of the top to bottom rainbow makes up for that.

I quilted it with some very dense X-shaped straight-line quilting.  I typically lean towards less dense quilting than this, but I am so in love with the look , and I hope that Jacey is, too.


From there,  I made Jacey some selvage potholders.  I've drooled (more than once) over a lot of her delicious dishes, so I know she cooks.  I hope she likes having these in her kitchen.


I threw in a few extras to complete her package and sent it off.  Jacey is maybe one of the sweetest people I've never met and it was such a pleasure to sew for her.   I'm a bit early in sending off my parcel, but I was too excited to wait before sending it off.  I know that whatever Jacey sends back is going to be awesome, but sometimes it's so much fun to give a gift that getting one in return is gravy.  

4 comments:

Jacey said...

I wish we lived closer, Jules. I would love to hug your neck. Thank you for an amazing package that came during a really rough week. You are a brilliantly creative quilter. I'm so excited to enjoy these goodies!
Thank you, thank you.

Your gravy will be arriving soon. xo

Kelly said...

ummmm, those are pretty kick-ass! seriously, i didn't notice the pluses at first, but when i saw them, they blew my mind! amazing!

Live a Colorful Life said...

These are just phenomenal in all their selvage-y goodness!

Quilting Mom said...

Just gorgeous Jules...