Friday, December 16, 2011

Teacher Gifts

Year after year, I find December to be very overwhelming what with holiday parties, school holiday programs, Bean's birthday, and the (self-imposed) pressures of putting out holiday cards and doing some holiday baking.  And, of course, there is the issue of gifts for Bean and Sprout's teachers.

I can't imagine a world where I wouldn't give hand-made gifts to my kids' teachers, but as the month ramps up, I always feel overwhelmed by the myriad of things on my to-do list.  Thankfully, Jeni's tutorial for drawstring bags is quick and easy and yet makes such a great product.


I love these bags.  They are so stinkin' cute and make adorable gifts.  I used large scraps and making a dent in my scrap bin is the icing on the cake of these gifts. 


I filled each bag with a few jars of homemade jam and a little bamboo spoon.  They were very well received.


And for the office staff, I prepared boxes of homemade cookies.  I love making cookies and perhaps I go a bit overboard around the holidays.  This year I made ten varieties - Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk, Nutella Hamentashen, Chocolate Crinkles, Mocha Snowflakes, Snickers Surprises, Carmel Bars, Scandinavian Almond Cookies, Apple Squares, Chocolate Carmel Drops with Sea Salt, and Gingerbread Double Chip Muffins. 


I'm glad to have these gifts done and delivered - a few more things crossed off of my to-do list.  Now it's time to knock a few more items off that list.  But not before I eat one of the cookies I kept for myself. 

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Beautiful assortment of cookies! Nicely done.

Jeni said...

Yay! They turned out so cute! :)

MG said...

Recipes? All of those cookies sound delish, especially the Chocolate Caramel Drops with Sea Salt and Mocha Snowflakes. I'm hoping to get some of those drawstring bags made by Friday.

... said...

Ohmygodthecookies.

Jacey said...

Wow, you've been busy!I love the fabric you used on your jam jars, and the little spoons! Adorable.

I still haven't finished your present, but it's about to jump to the top of my list. We always spread ourselves too thin!

molly::applecyder said...

Those little bags are so cute. Love the prints you chose!

I was lucky this year in that one of the admins at Fred's school is a quilter, so put together a stack of fabric from my stash. I had a set of cloth napkins that were almost finished, so those went to his teacher (with a gift card). The school director is a gardener so she got homemade pickles.