Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sprout's Quilt

I'm lucky Sprout's so patient, because I've been working on her quilt for the better part of the year.  It's been 9 months since I first saw the inspiration for it while we were running errands together.   And it was well on it's way 6 full months ago when I made the label for the quilt quilt.  I had hoped to have it done for her 3rd birthday back in July.  Wishful thinking.


But now, just under the wire for the year, it's done.  The pink and orange combination that I love so much looks perfect in the [very] pink room that she loves so much. 


The quilt is filled with lots of my favorites - AB Full Moon Dots, Swell, Mendocino, FMF, Cake Rock Beach, Tula Pink Ladybugs, and tons of other goodies that I thought would be harder to cut up than they actually were.  It's backed with a Valori Wells flannel that I wouldn't have chosen but that she did, and is bound with these dots that I recently went a little overboard with.  They ended up being perfect. 

  

Finished size after a trip through the dryer is 60" x 83" - it's a bit narrow since she doesn't use a box spring, but it's definitely twin-sized, and is by far the largest quilt I've ever stuffed through the tiny shank on my machine quilted myself.  The quilting is hard to see, but at random intervals I've traced the inside of the squares.  I'd say maybe 60% of them have quilting and the rest do not.  This loose quilting has made for a great drape.


I love it, (and so does Ginko) and I hope that my sweetie-pie girl does, too.

8 comments:

Monkeysinmypocket said...

I love it too! Great colours. It looks fantastic in her room

Annie said...

What a great quilt!...and those two pillows look great with it! Ginko seal of approval! :-)

Daddy Geek Boy said...

It's awesome. And maybe she's a little too young to appreciate how much you put into it, but she will when she's older.

Marg said...

It's beautiful. Love the colours and love that you were inspired by those pavers.

Jenny said...

just awesome jules!

Anonymous said...

great job...what a beautiful job and a great way to end the year!! another project finished!!!

Jacey said...

It's beautiful, Jules. I bet she will enjoy it for years to come. You've made so many lovelies this year!

CitricSugar said...

It's absolutely gorgeous. I love the "broken" squares... Reminds me of bricks and tiles, but oh, so much prettier than either.