Monday, October 17, 2011

Whirlwind October

Time sometimes seems to pass in the blink of an eye.  I'm not sure how it happened, but it's mid-October and while I do have a stack of projects to show for my time, I'm not sure how so much time has passed. 

I made a pillow for Melissa for the LAMQG scrappy swap.  It was a blind swap whereby you got a bunch of scraps from another member and had to create something for them.  Melissa indicated that she'd like a cushion for her couch and I'd had something like this sitting on my inspiration wall for forever and was pleased to make this for her.  I do hope she likes it. 



I started working on Sprout's winter coat.  Being LA, winter is a relative term.  A layer of polar fleece and a layer of fine wale corduroy is more than enough warmth in these parts.  I bought a few yards of this corduroy last year and knew right away that I wanted to make her a coat with it.  I'm just waiting on some buttons that I ordered from Etsy to finish the whole thing off.



I've been baking a lot lately.  I made some amazing pumpkin spice bread using a pumpkin from my garden and some apple butter that I put up last month.  Oh, it is so yum.  I made a few small loaves, so have some in the freezer waiting for me on a chilly day.



Lastly, I've been working on my Habitat Challenge quilt.  I struggled for a while with it before coming up with a plan.  It's about halfway done now and it'll be done soon, I hope. I am such a fan of using FMQ to write.  



With two weeks left before Halloween, there is still lots of sewing to be done this month.  Sprout has requested a Princess Peach (of Mario Kart fame) costume and Bean wants to be a robot.  I am thankful that his costume will require no sewing, as her costume, with yards of pink polyester satin, promises to be a bear to sew.

Once all of this is done, I hope to have a restful November. 

2 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Great pillow. And I would like a slice of that pumpkin bread.Now.Please.Thank you.

Jacey said...

I've been thinking of you, Jules! I started your hat, but haven't gotten very far. I promise, soon!! I love the pillow you made for the guild swap. It's really fun!