Wednesday, March 30, 2011

To Benefit Japan - Part 1

***This auction is now closed. Thanks so much for bidding!!!***

The tragic details of the devastation in Japan continue to unfold. There are countless people in desperate need of aid and supplies of every kind - from fresh drinking water to medical supplies. Tragedies like this seem to bring out the generosity of people and there are so many ways to give. While no single effort is enough, I do hope that the combined effort of everyone's generosity makes a difference in a meaningful way.

With this in mind, I'm trying to help in as many ways as I can. I'm proud to be a part of the upcoming online quilt auction run by Modern Relief. With each $10 donation you make to Mercy Corps, you'll have one chance at winning one of more than 85 amazing quilts. I'll be blogging more about that effort next week.

But today I am starting a silent auction for an heirloom-quality handcrafted quilt. I made this quilt using more than 580 squares of pattered fabric in a variety of colors, making it a good match for any decor. The back is as visually appealing as the front and the quilt is finished with a binding that's been carefully hand-stitched to make it both aesthetically pleasing and durable.

The finished size of the quilt is 49"x68", making it the perfect size to snuggle under. It features cotton blend batting and diagonal straight line quilting, both of which help to give it a soft drape.






The silent auction will run until 11:59pm PDT on Wednesday, April 6. The details of the auction are as follows:

  1. Leave the amount of your bid in the comment section of this post. Please don't forget to include your contact details.
  2. Bidding ends at 11:59pm PDT on April 6. The highest bidder at that time wins the quilt.
  3. Once the auction ends, the winner will be contacted by me. You'll be given instructions on how to make a tax-deductible online donation in the amount of your winning bid to your choice of Mercy Corps, Doctors Without Borders, or Save the Children. Once I receive confirmation of your payment, I'll send you your new quilt via Priority Mail.
Please consider placing a bid to win this quilt and help those in need. Feel free to link this post in your blog, Twitter feed, Facebook status, or though any other media.

8 comments:

Bessiemae said...

I'll start it off! $60.

Amy n said...

$65 nice work jules

Meredith said...

I'll go 70. BEAUTIFUL WORK!

felicity said...

What a gorgeous quilt. $150.

Tai Chi Mamma said...

I love it! I'll go $175! Thanks Julie!

Bessiemae said...

Aw, you guys are out of my league, but I'm glad it's going to such a great cause. And such a beautiful quilt, too. xo

Anonymous said...

beautiful quilt, Jules. just can't add to the bidding! good luck! becs

Anonymous said...

$17.59 FOR CBH, CHECK GAIL FOR FULL ADDRESS.