Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Stash

I went "shopping" in my stash to brainstorm ideas for my next quilt.


This is what I pulled from my stash. The two on the far left have been sitting in my stash for a few months and the three to the right are recent acquisitions via Flickr swaps. They were definitely the beginnings of something, but only amounted to two yards of fabric - not nearly enough to make a quilt. One of my Stashpact resolutions was that purchasing fabric for a quilt is okay, so I supplemented this pile with some new purchases.


I purchased a few more pieces to round out the pile and now I have the makings for a whole quilt. I purchased 2 yards of the Kona solid (Cheddar) for the back, as it's so much more cheaper to buy solids than prints. I'll piece the back for visual interest but having the solid as the main fabric saves me some money along the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the lime green prints...good for you for using up fabric you already have....M

Jacey said...

Good selection! Very citrusy.