Monday, March 7, 2011

The Rainbow Quilt

It was windy and grey this morning - not great weather for taking pictures of a quilt, but the weather definitely calls for a rainbow. Remember what I was working on last month? She's done!


I finished this quilt last night - it was pieced from these strips. I bought the Kona Ash sashing, but everything else, including the non-pieced back and binding, came from my stash. It feels so good to be using up my stash.


Finished size is about 41"x51" which is a lovely, generous size for a baby and is still more than enough quilt for my 2.5 year old. The stripey (love!) binding is hand-stitched for an heirloom feel.


Quilt is listed in the shop.

2 comments:

Jacey said...

Well done! The striped binding is most definitely my favorite part. By the way, I mailed Oliver's lion tee this week, so he should get it soon! Thanks again.

liz said...

Gorgeous!!