Friday, March 18, 2011

Pippy Goodness

When the Pips pre-cuts came out in December, I was so excited to play with them. I already put together a little Mug Rug with one of the prints, and I've finally finished my Pips quilt.

This quilt is made using Ashley's Rectangle Squared tutorial, though I did use larger dimensions to better showcase Aneela's lovely Pips.


The blocks are sashed in Kona White and are quilted in a meandering stipple in the sashing only. I love the look of a stippled quilt but I prefer the drape of less quilting, so this was a good compromise.


I found that I had lots of stash fabrics that really coordinated well with the Sherbet Pips line and added a few blocks of some Moda Bliss Dots in Red, some Henry Glass Summertime Dots in Aqua, and some Monaluna Mingle Dots in Grey. I've also seen the Pips paired with some Nicey Jane, which worked very well.


I backed the quilt in a single print from the new Sweetwater line - Summer Garden in Misty Grey - after being inspired by this quilt's back. I just love the look of the handwriting fabric and the Sweetwater's colors played perfectly with the Sherbet Pips. It's bound in Alexander Henry's Heath (which I simply cannot get enough of) in pink.


Finished size is 52"x64". Like all of my quilts, this one features an heirloom quality hand-stitched binding. Quilt is listed in the shop.

2 comments:

Jacey said...

It turned out beautifully! I agree that less quilting is sometimes best, and it really works here.

Molly @ Me and Madeline said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love this new line...