Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Confetti Quilt

I've shared a few of the bee blocks that I've created for others in the virtual quilting bees that I belong to. Of course, others have made blocks for me and I'm ashamed to admit that I've sat on them for way too long before finally assembling them. Remember how they looked in July? Sigh. They stayed in their un-assembled state for many more months. But I've finally gotten my act together and put the quilt together.


The main color is Kona Raisin and the quilt measures 48"x ???. Damn. I can't remember the dimensions. My husband, sitting next to me on the couch, suggests writing that the quilt is "just big." So it's a lap quilt. It's 48" x something. Neighborhood of 65". We'll call it 48"x65".


I'm typically not a scrappy binding type of gal, but I was trying to use up the scraps leftover from the quilt and didn't want to make another purchase. In the end, I really like the look - it really enhances the scrappy look of the quilt front.

I love this quilt not only for how it looks (which, by the way, is exactly what I had envisioned), but also for the collaboration between 11 other ladies, former strangers, who helped me make it. A huge thanks to the ladies of Sew Bee It.

6 comments:

Monkeys in my pocket said...

i really love the colour, kona raisin, might have to get me some of that! oh, and i lurve the binding too

Anonymous said...

know this is keeper...the binding is great...m

Jacey said...

Ooh, the Kona Raisin is such an awesome color! I love the finished quilt, and I bet it's a cool feeling, knowing these blocks came from all over.

SewAmy said...

your quilt it beautiful.

Mrs. Darling said...

:) I love the accuracy of your measurements! The quilt turned out fantastic!

Cynthia said...

This is a really cool quilt! Love the colors!