Thursday, January 27, 2011

I *heart* Swapping

I've been busy lately - putting together two swaps though Flickr. The first was the Mini QT swap, which is a swap of a micro-quilt that is between 6" and 12" square. The theme for swap was "Take Flight." I made this quilt for my partner, Amy. She has serious love for her VW Bug, Yoda May, so I wanted to feature her car in her quilt. I do hope she likes it, even if I used the most open interpretation ever of the swap theme.


In return, I received this lovely quilt. I had requested a quilt that I could hang in Sprout's room, which is painted pink. Isn't this darling? So perfect for a little girl's room. Thank you, Amy, for a wonderful addition to my daughter's room.


Secondly, I arranged a private swap with Jacey. She makes the most amazing knit goods that I had been ogling for quite a while. When she suggested doing a swap - some of her knits in exchange for one of my mug rugs and an appliqued tee, I was over the moon. Look at these amazing gloves she made for me. I cannot express how much I love them - the color is gorgeous and they are so cozy.


This is the mug rug I made for her. I love doing "interactive piecing," as it's called; making a picture using fabric and stitching. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the tee I made, but I was so eager to put it in the mail that I forgot. Oops.


The only thing that's better than making goodies is receiving them. These swaps have made a fun start to the new year and I'm looking forward to more swaps this year.

1 comment:

Jacey said...

I'm so glad you like your gloves, and I LOVE my mug rug and tee for Oliver (and earrings!!). I'll send you a picture of the tee so you can post as well.

The mini quilt you made is darling, and the bee quilt sounds perfect for Sprout.