Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Birthday Cake

Picture it. You've already made this cake for your boy's birthday last month and now your husband's birthday is here. You know hubby is hoping for a cake as special as his son's was. Your husband as a well documented love of all things liquor and bacon, but since you've already made him a bacon cake, you have to find a fresh idea. What's a girl to do?

If you're as lucky as I am, you stumble upon Ann's blog and you find this. And then you make your husband a Chocolate Guiness Cake of his very own.


Happy birthday, my love. I hope you enjoyed your day and your cake.

5 comments:

Dan Rouse said...

want one!

Jacey said...

I bet it is delicious!

Daddy Geek Boy said...

Let's set aside the fact that my wife is a baking genius. Let's put aside my love of the main ingredient in this cake. On it's own, this is a truly delicious, phenomenal dessert. It's dense without being heavy. It's moist and flavorful.

And the thought that goes behind it? Well that's just icing on the...you know.

Anonymous said...

cake looks delicious....

Chicken Julie said...

It was so amazing and I say that with all humility - all I did was follow a kick-ass recipe.