Friday, January 21, 2011

All Paths Lead Home

Home is where the heart is. And even though a dear friend of mine is moving, she'll always be close by, in my heart. And to make her her new house feel more like a home, I decided to make her a quilt.

Her favorite color is red, so when I saw this pattern in the Connecting Threads catalogue, I knew I had my quilt. It seemed serendipitous that the quilt pattern name is "All Paths Lead Home."


Since I am on a strict fabric diet, I decided to make a scrappy version of it using what I had in my stash. To supplement my stash, I did a few Flickr swaps and also bought a single yard of fabric, which isn't bad, considering that the pattern calls for roughly 10 yards of fabric.


The back, also scrappy, was inspired heavily by this. And my "inspired heavily," I kind of mean "lifted" The solid is Kona Coral, the floral from Alexander Henry's "Camden" line. And the line of scraps are all bits from the fabric featured on the front. The quilt's tag is part of the strip. It reads "You will be missed, but a few hundred miles is nothing between good friends."

Quilt is 48" x 60" and features hand stitched binding. I do hope this quilt keeps my friend warm, both body and soul.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

love love love!!!!

Kelly said...

I love this pattern! What a great going away gift!

Jacey said...

It turned out so lovely. I especially love your tag.

ajk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

The colors here turned out so lovely! I love this quilt and I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/