Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Gift Bonanza

A month ago, I won some lovely Innocent Crush charms on Joree's blog. They were just so pretty, but I was having a hard time deciding what to do with them.


And then the holidays rolled around. It's gift time and I decided that there was nothing more appropriate to do with this lovely gift of fabric than to use it to make some gifts.

Bean and Sprout's teachers are in for a treat this year, if I do say so myself. Some will be getting little baskets made using Ayumi's tutorial.


Others will be getting potholders that were all made using different paper foundation patterns. They each have two layers of cotton batting as well as a layer of insul-brite inside, are 8" square, and could also be used as a mug rug.


I'm so pleased with how the orange colorway matches the orange and pink colorways of the Hope Valley scraps I had laying around. These are going to be hard to part with...

2 comments:

felicity said...

Oh what lovely teacher gifts! I decided to make a mugrug and a cup cuff for each teacher. Which reminds me - I'd better get crackin'!

Kelly said...

super duper wonderful girl!