Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finishing up the Year - More Selvage Love

This year, I've traded my stash and my soul for as many selvages as I can get. And while most of them are used for my selvage quilt, some bits just aren't right for that project. For the quilt, I need pieces of selvage that are mostly of a single color and have at least a half inch of printed fabric beyond the selvage.

I separate out the selvages that don't fit this bill - those that are either cut too close to the selvage edge or those that are too colorful and don't have a single overriding color. My collection of these selvages has been growing and I've been meaning to clean out that bin and do something with these selvages.

Voila. A few pincushions later, and my bin is nice and empty for the new year - just waiting for my next selvage trade.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

ha! It's good to know all those selvages I send you find a home in some project!