Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Finishing up the Year - The Mona Quilt

I started this quilt back in February and it's been folded neatly for months just waiting to be bound. I finally got around to it. Poor little neglected quilt...

This quilt feels a bit more graphic than what I typically make, though I do think I like the end result. Certainly I am groovin' on the colors, which are so bright and cheery. It's made with Alexander Henry's Alphonse and Mona character print, as well as the coordinating floral and is matched with Amy Butler's Full Moon Dots and Wallflower. The solid is Kona Coral, which is a pretty spot-on match for Amy Butler's Cherry.


The back, which I possibly like more than the front, is constructed of stripes of fabrics from the front of the quilt on a solid white background.


Finished quilt size is 36"x49". Now I just need to find a little girl to gift this to. Somehow it seems that there are a lot of little boys in my world these days...

6 comments:

Jacey said...

It's really beautiful! I finally snagged some of the AB Wallflower fabric. I'm proud of you, wrapping up all these loose ends!

Andrea said...

oooh I love that red framing all of those gorgeous fabrics...this is beautiful!

sew and so much more said...

It is so cute! Did you use a pattern or design it yourself? I'd love to make myself one!

Hugs! Christine

Chicken Julie said...

Thanks, all. Christine: It's my own pattern - started out by fussy cutting those AH animals and it went from there...

Crush Widow said...

Love it!

sew and so much more said...

You need to make a pattern and sell it to me!! LOL! :-)

Christine