Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ginko the Quilt Cat

The Studio Cat phenomenon is well known within the quilting community and my little studio is not without some feline love. I introduce to you Ginko, lover of all things quilts.

We adopted Ginko as a wee kitten - he was part of a litter of feral kittens living under my neighbor's house. I have no idea what would have happened to Ginko had we not rescued him. I imagine that he'd be wandering around the neighborhood with a yen for quilting cotton in his soul. It's as though he was destined to love on my quilts.


Ginko can be on the other side of my house in a deep sleep, but as soon as I start fiddling around with fabric, he comes running. The second I lay out a quilt top, there he is. Stretched out or curled up, he stakes his claim immediately.


And when there are no quilts to cozy up with, Ginko improvises. After a morning of running errands, it is not uncommon for me to come home and see this.

If he can find a lone scrap of fabric that I've left out, it's enough for him to nap on. He'll make do knowing that before long, I'll lay out another quilt for him to cuddle with.

2 comments:

Jacey said...

Aww, Ginko is adorable! He's very fluffy. I swear that kitties have fabric radar.

ColleenaMareena said...

What a sweet boy! And you have some great candid shots of him. Thanks for taking him and letting him find his true destiny!