Thursday, September 16, 2010

September Bee Blocks

I had a great time with the September Bee Blocks. All of my blocks went together really quickly and was fun to make.

In Sew Bee It, Lynette sent a palette of grey solids and stripes with a tiny bit of maroon and asked for squares-in-squares. Can I be honest and say that I really am not a fan of stripes? I love the look, but I'm kind of too persnickety about them. I don't like when they go in different directions around a square like this. And it's so hard to line up the different pieces to get the lines going in one direction like this. In the end, I decided to use the stripes to make mitered corner squares, as seen in Passionate Patchwork by Kaffe Fassett.

Though Lynette only asked for two blocks, I made her three, since they were easy and I was having fun with those mitered blocks.


Here's a close-up of the three centers, as well as the signature block for the back of her quilt that the participants of this bee agreed upon.


April from the Scrapbusting Bee sent some precut (thank you, April!) blue and green fabric and asked for two blocks using Oh! Fransson's Birthday Cake Quilt tutorial. These blocks went together so fast and look so pretty. April is going to have a great quilt when she gets all of her blocks. I really enjoyed making these and anticipate doing a whole quilt using this pattern in the future.

No comments: