Friday, September 24, 2010

Kid's Clothes Week - Day 5

Ahhh... the home stretch. Today is day 5 of the Kid's Clothes Challenge over at Elise Marley. I had planned to make both kids new sunhats today. It's bright and sunny here nearly year round and they've both outgrown the ones they wore all summer.


I had the fabric all cut out and ready to go according to this pattern from Etsian Sewselly. I was totally ready to go. And then I kind of lost steam. I guess I've been sewing too much this week, so I only managed to get Bean's hat done. Poor Sprout. Maybe I'll make hers this weekend.


I had decided to use up some of my larger scraps for this project rather than cutting into some new or larger cuts in my stash. This is the end of my Dewberry chestnuts and while I'm sad to say goodbye to them, Bean does look adorable in his new hat. The underside is a plain sky blue, which really brings out his eyes.

A huge thanks to Meg for hosting this great challenge. It was inspiring to see all the great work that was created this week and was just the kick in the pants I needed to attack some projects that had been brewing in my head for a while.

No comments: