Wednesday, July 21, 2010

She Nailed It

Good lord - have you had a chance to see Made by Rae's post today? She was worried about sounding "dumb," but she clarified so well what I didn't know that I already realized. Brilliant!

Rae put it all together so nicely. With crafty bloggers, it's not just about sitting down and putting pen to paper, so to speak. Save for Sunday Stash-type posts, each of my posts start with hours in front of my sewing machine. From there, the process entails taking twenty or so photos for each one presented, editing the photos, and then finally doing the writing. There are just so many more steps, and all of that is in addition to my daily life of kids, housekeeping, and projects for Etsy that I don't feature here.

My husband is a blogger, and while I know it takes him a lot of time to put his thoughts together for a post, I feel like he can do it much quicker than I. And suddenly, I don't feel so bad about my lackluster posting frequency - I've started and stopped blogging more times than I can count (or care to admit) as life gets the best of me. A big thank you to Rae for assuaging my posting inadequacies.

1 comment:

Rae said...

haha, thanks CJ. I had no idea I would strike such a nerve with everyone, but it's so nice to know so many people are in the same boat as me. And that now we can all relax a little bit... :)