A huge thanks to Amy for her very clear step-by-step instructions on how to sew this dress together - she's been a wonderful help. I've never been great at reading patterns, so having someone virtually walk me through it has been invaluable.
Even though my daughter is two, I decided to make her a 3T dress, figuring that she'd get more wear out of it. That said, it was way too big for her, so I *had* to make her a new one in a 2T. This time, I decided to use up my Alexander Henry mushrooms and pair them with some red-on-red dot fabric that was leftover from an old project.
Although Sprout is tall for her age, even this smaller size seems large on her, but certainly it fits her well enough for now and will last her through our very long summer season.
On my second take with this dress, I omitted the pocket notches, more out of laziness than anything else, but I rather like the look. I'm still now sure how I feel about the notch at the neck - I saw a few takes on this dress on Flickr without the notch and I really liked them. I also used a thinner hem on this second dress, thinking that it would show off the mushroom fabric more. But really, the smaller hem gets lost on the dress, and I wish that I had used the original fat hem.
Up next on my to-do list is to make a matching diaper cover, 'cause soggy Huggies just aren't helping her rock this dress.