Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Baby Xander's Quilt

After a near misfire, baby Xander's quilt is finished. I had pinned and slightly trimmed up my quilt sandwich before I saw this on the back of the quilt:


Somehow the red square, which is the quilt's label, wasn't properly spaced from the square above it. All the squares on the back of the quilt were supposed to be seperated by yellow sashing to mimic the appearance and spacing of the front of the quilt. How I got so far into the process without noticing my error is beyond me. I couldn't have been less in the mood to unpin my entire quilt, fix my error, and repin, so decided to take a chance on quilting the top half of the quilt, ripping apart the bottom, adding the sashing, and putting everything back together. Thankfully, it all worked out for me and here's the completed product.

And here's the front. The quilt measures 39"x45". The blocks are 7" square and each is different - there are no two with the same ratio of solid to print. The yellow is Kona Corn, which is a new favorite of mine (though I do believe I say that about nearly every color of Kona that I use). It's a gorgeous yellow - bright and cheery and walks the line between pastel and neon just about perfectly.

3 comments:

Angie said...

You are so dedicated. I think I would have said "there should be a mistake in every quilt" and just finished it. It looks fabulous, though. I like how the label blends.

Chicken Julie said...

Angie: I think "neurotic" suits me better than "dedicated" but I like your spin on it. The thing is, every quilt has oodles of little mistakes - most of them will never be noticed. And this one would have been.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

beautiful! love all those yellow on it!