Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Baby Season

It's spring, which means that I'd rather be picking strawberries than doing just about anything - even sewing. That said, it's spring, which means that there are babies popping up right and left. Good lord, people - what exactly was in the drinking water nine months ago? I whipped up a little goodie basket for one sweet little girl with lots of little lovelies in it - Smushies, blankets, burpies, bibs, and a sweet summer dress.

Do you see the lovely bit of tulle at the hem of the dress? It's tulle netting - oodles softer than the stuff you're used to when you think of tulle. It is absolutely my new favorite addition to little dresses and I'm racking my brain trying to think of what I can add it to next.

As for this fabric, it's Alexander Henry's Luca. I had bought it with the intention of making myself a summer skirt, but as much as I need a pretty little frock, I figured that a new baby girl needed it even more so. I do feel a trip to the AH outlet coming soon, though - mama still needs a new skirt.

Five more friends who are preggers means that the sewing continues, even as I dream of picking those ripe, juicy strawberries.

2 comments:

Jessy said...

Oh my goodness Jules, I love that dress! Are you selling them at your shop? I'll have to go check it out.

Not that we really have the weather here for it. But that's never stopped me before.

Chicken Julie said...

Jessy: Thanks, sweetie. The dresses aren't up online yet, but will be soon. I have a feeling that my girl will be wearing them all summer long.