Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cold Nights Require a Warm Quilt

I realize that "cold nights" seems a little ridiculous, seeing as I live in LA, but my blood runs thin and cold and I often bundle up for bed in multiple layers before crawling under multiple layers of blankets. The problem is that my husband, even in the dead of winter, requires only a single, thin blanket. So I've resorted to piling stray afghans on my side of the bed. It's a motley bunch of blankets and none of them match either each other or each other. A total eyesore.

I started making a string quilt, thinking maybe it'd be a baby quilt for a friend or something, but I started falling in love with it. With squares at only 7", it's going to take a long time to make it big enough for the bed, but it'll be so worth it. I'm thinking that if I use wool batting and either flannel or minkee backing, it *should* keep me warm enough next winter.

I was going to lay it out and see how it's coming along, but it seems as though I'm not the only one who's loving it.





No comments: