Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby Elana's Quilt


Baby Elana's Quilt
Originally uploaded by chickenjulie

Sometimes you come across a fabric that just makes you swoon. *SWOON*

For me, one of those gems is from Robert Kauffman's Kitchy Kitchen and is out of print. You can see it here. I had originally picked up a few yards of this treasure a few years back when I was pregnant with my daughter. She got a little blanket, a burpie or two, and a dress out of it and the rest was made into an infant set and sold. When I tried to find more of it, I realized that it was out of print and gone - seemingly forever.

A few months ago, not long after I found out that one of my oldest and dearest friends was pregnant with a girl, I happened to find 7 yards of my longed-for print on Etsy. When my friend asked me for a simple patchwork quilt for her new baby, I knew I had found my inspiration in this piece of fabric.

Elana's quilt features fussy cuts of my Kauffman print as well as loads of other sweet fabrics in pinks, greens, and yellows. The back is a solid piece of the Kauffman flowers and it is bound in Alexander Henry's Kitty Calico. Finished size is 40"x48". I hope Elana and her mommy like it. Mazel Tov and love to the whole family.

No comments: