Monday, September 1, 2008

Two Steps Forward...

Personally, I'm firmly entrenched in the "glass is half empty" camp. Always have been, always will be. With that said, I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop, since the kids seem to have stopped conspiring against me, at least for the time being.

Sprout has given me three back-to-back nights of uninterrupted sleep. Ten hours each, all weekend has me feeling like a new woman. Thank you, my sweet girl.

And we are working with The Bean on potty training. He did a rockin' job on his first two days, tush clad in Lightning McQueen underwear. His sticker chart is rapidly filling up and thus far, we've had not a single accident. He really seems to have the whole "pee in the potty" thing down. Poop will prove to be harder (ha!) endeavor, as he said to me while straining, "It's hard for me to make a poopy on the potty, Mommy."

I *know* that childrearing is full of moments that make it all worth it, and on my next dark day, I need to be able to remember these.

No comments: