Sunday, September 7, 2008

Instead of Sewing...

Life with two is busier than I could have anticipated. Even though Sprout is really good about sleeping through the night, I'm still tuckered come nap time (how I got both kids to nap at the same time by 9 weeks, I'll never know, but HURRAH). So mostly while they sleep I either sleep or zone out in front of the TV/computer/blank wall/etc.

I really miss sewing. I have a few things in the works, including diaper/wipes cases, which are turning out pretty cute. I also have oodles of small cuts of fabric, and am looking into ways to use 'em up before buying even more fabric. Suggestions welcome, but I'm currently putting together some soft blocks like I made for Sprout's room, and I want to get some bibs in the works. Now that I have an infant and a toddler, I have perfect size models for bibs.


Soft blocks - fun to play with, fun to look at

















Until I have time to sit in front of the sewing machine again, I've been focusing on cooking, which is something I love to do but haven't had the time to do a lot of since Bean came along. Now that he's old enough to help, I'm getting him involved and having a great time in the kitchen with him.

He loves making bread. Of all the things he helps me to make, he has the greatest pride in his bread. So far this week, we've made two loaves of bread, a batch of broccoli/cheese squares, and some yum toddler muffins.

Fresh whole wheat bread in the works....















Broccoli/Cheese Squares (prior to becoming actual squares)
















Totally yum and totally healthy toddler muffins














I seriously need to make an apron for my little chef. Maybe that's what I'll do with my fabric scraps....

No comments: