Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Life Was Good...

Okay, so maybe that's not exactly right. My life IS good. But before the addition of the newest member of our family, Sprout, life was easy. Sprout came into our lives on July 2 of this year. She is sweet, but way sassy and spitfire as hell. She's giving all of us a run for our money. Before she arrived, it was just DGB, The Bean, and me. The Bean is two and a half - born in December 2005. After 2.5 years, we had all finally found our groove - a great routine and a normalcy in being a family of three.

Now that Sprout is here, life is crazy. Insane. I had forgotten exactly how hard it was to have a newborn in the house, but I'm here to tell you that however hard it was, it's 10x harder to have both a newborn AND a toddler. I am tired. And totally overwhelmed. In the span of the 8 weeks (today!) that Sprout has been with us, I've forgotten how to be a proper wife and on some days, even forget how to be a proper parent. It gets better, right?

No comments: